Monday, August 10, 2009

Two Cards


Well today I have two new cards to share with you and then I have to run and do errands before the thunderstorms hit. The first card is for Lauren's blog we had a inspiration piece to use that was aprons hanging on the line. I wanted to make a card that used those colors along with the feeling of being light and airy.You can see the inspiration piece here When I finished with my card I felt something was missing........it was layers I always have layers on my cards although I love simple cards I am a pile it on type person.
I was so honored that last week I was one of the top five picked by Lauren to be featured on her blog(nothing like a pat on the back to get the creative juices flowing) You can see that card here. the card recipe is Owl $1.99 stamp from Archivers, Punched Flowers from paper I stamped and some Autum leaves flourish stamps.

Mojo 99


Now this sketch has what I like a lot of layers I used all scrap paper out of my stash and a $1.00 stamp oh! I can't forget my CB folder. That's it a quick easy card thanks for stopping by.

13 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

Love your cute owl and his gorgeous swirly branch! Congrats on beiing in the My Time to Shine top 5 last week!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

What pretty colors!! Love the card!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

So cute! Love the color combo!

scrappygal said...

HI sweetie! Nice cards! I am missing you. I know that you haven't been on Tally much..me either,but I have been thinking of you. I love your cards by the way..they are beautiful..as always.

Hope that all is well!

AKiteFlier said...

Super cute owl! You did a nice job of achieving that light, airy effect you were after! I like your mojo card too. Thanks for playing the MTTI challenge - hope you'll come back again!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

How adorable is that owl! Love it Alicia! So Cute!
:) Rachel

Kristin Eberline said...

Awwh, love how you used the colors and that flourish branch is too cute for your little owl! Great job with the challenge!

So glad you were able to play along again. Hope you can participate in our color challenge tomorrow!

Laura VanVleet said...

Love both of these new cards! Great job!

Jacquel said...

Awesome card Alicia...love them!!!

Ellibelle said...

Thesse are both beautiful. I especially love the owl card. So fun!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Love that owl and the flourishes. what a lovely card. And a big way to go to you for being selected for the top 5! You deserve it.
Oh and your card is not missing a thing it's quite adorable. and I love it!

SCRAPCRAZY said...

Alicia, Hi GinaMarie here;) just wanted to let you know that there are free digi's at http://digitaldelightsbyloubyloo.wordpress.com/ I'm not sure if you knew that but, just in case;)

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

Hi Alicia! I have a fun little blogger award for you. Visit my blog to pick it up.
:) Rachel