Monday, May 18, 2009

MojoTime and some birthday cards










Wow this has really been a busy card making week it has been hard to fit in some of my favorite challenges. I did manage to get my Mojo on today their sketches are always so fun to do. I did a square card it seemed to fit the sketch best I was tempted to add another element to the top square but I restrained myself. I seem to think every inch needs to be embellished even though I love simple designed cards I keep adding on.




I also had a few birthday cards I needed to make and to add to my stash. I have been really getting into pop up cards so decided to try a little different style. I also wanted to try a technique on my other card that i had seen I think on the cuttlebug challenge blog. It involves embossing your paper with a cuttlebug folder and then turning it over to the negative side where you have the grooves. I then took my glue pen and filled in all the hollow parts next I sprinkled my glitter into them pressed down a little a Voila! a beautiful glittered embossed image
.

19 comments:

Jean Franks Beck said...

These are so pretty. I love how you turned to Mojo sketch on it's side - very nicely done!

Kimmie said...

Such beauties!

Priscilla said...

Such a cute sketch card you made. very pretty butterfly. you do really nice worktr..don't you just love Mondays? Hey, I would love for you to stop by on Tuesdays for the "Midnight Madness" Sketch Challenge

Check it out here http://priscillastyle.blogspot.com

Hope to see you there.
Priscilla

Dori Shelton said...

So pretty! This is such a great card. Makes me think of spring.

Laura Pryor said...

Wow, I love these cards! You rock!

Nancy said...

So pretty!! I love your interpretation of the sketch!!

Laura said...

Love what you did with the sketch, the use of the butterfly for the embellishment especially. Nice job.

Ellibelle said...

These are gorgeous! Love the embossing!

dj said...

all of your cards are so very pretty!!

Jacquel said...

Beautiful cards Alicia! tfs!!!

Paula said...

Oh Alicia, it's been awhile since I've stopped by and I definately need to more often...your cards are outstanding! My fav is the almost all white once...just gorgeous!

MaryJo said...

Love how you used the Cuttlebug folders!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Love the Mojo card!

illyse said...

Those are GORGEOUS!! Love that butterfly card. I just wanted to say hi! I am in Las Vegas visiting my parents and decided to surf the net instead of losing my money gambling! LOL!

Dori Shelton said...

This is beautiful! I love the butterfly.
I know what you mean about Michael on GH. It's too bad Carly and Claudia don't get along because I think that Claudia would be a good one to "knock some sense into him!" (Of course, the fact she's responsible for shooting him, will negate that from happening!) Still, would have made for a great scene.

Laura VanVleet said...

These are all so lovely!!!

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

These all turned out so lovely! Very pretty and so elegant! Great Job!
:) Rachel

Anonymous said...

Hi Alicia these cards are beautiful. I love them ALL!!!!!

Miss Molly said...

These are simplistically great!