Friday, December 12, 2008

Card organizer


With all the cards I make I am always looking for a way to organize them. I have seen these cute organizers on several sites and thought I would try my hand at making one.
Here are a list of supplies you will need:
A box approx. size 7x7x6
pattern paper
Letters ( I used the glitter chipboard from Brenda Walton)
Ribbon optional
paint optional
Adhesive ( I used my ATG less mess but you can use modge podge)
Embellishments of your choice
Step 1. cut off or fold down all flaps except the front flap( I found after folding that cutting them off gave a less bulky look)

Step 2. If you decided to fold down your flaps you may want to paint the top rim of your flaps so you will have a more finished look when you add you pattern paper. Skip this if you are going to finish off your box with ribbon like I did.( Remember don't do anything to the front flap yet).
Step 3. You will notice that I have folded down the front of my box. I first cut off the top portion 3 1/2 inches and then folded the bottom portion down 2 inches. Step 4. You are now ready to decorate just measure and cut your pattern paper to fit the sides ,back and front of your box. I added ribbon to all of my top edges for a more decorative and finished look. I also added decorative elements to the sides you can also line the inside for a more polished look.
Step 5. Don't forget your inserts

10 comments:

Scrappy Doo 2 u said...

That's great! I already have a card storage system, but when that ones has seen it's last day, I'll definitely be doing this one! Thanks for the tutorial!

Susan

scrappygal said...

got to love my creative little card making friend. You are such goodness ands your cards are fab !

illyse said...

How cute this is!! LOVE it.. Thanks for taking the time to make a tutorial. ( it is the next best thing to having you here in person!) Would have loved a "Dilly Demo" in my LSS but maybe santa will work a deal???
I just made some cookies!!!
:)
Happy Holidays to you!

Jacquel said...

Great idea and thanks for the instructions! Welcome to Blog Group #8!!!

Laura VanVleet said...

What a beautiful way to store your cards! I love the soft colored DP you used! I'll have to try this! Welcome to blogger group #8!

Ellibelle said...

This looks great! And what a great tutorial. I really need to make a few of these too!

Paula said...

LOOVVVEEEE your organizer, what a pretty way to keep cards!

Anjou Krelovich said...

What a great way to organize! and so pretty too!

Michelle said...

What a great idea!! I'm project-challenged, I tend to stick to cards but this is so useful, I may just have to add it to my to-do list!

Carisa said...

oh man, very cool, when my eyes aren't burning from lack of sleep i need to really check this out b/c my poor cards are so disorganized!